Sunday, July 11, 2010

What I'm Doing on My Summer Vacation

It's been a while since I've posted, and it's been a happy while. Lately it seems as if I've been too busy to think about the pursuit of happyish, in a good way. In my case I think it's good to be doing more straight, hard and fast living, and less thinking about living.

This morning at the coffee shop as I wrote yet another pros and cons list of pursuing yet another career idea, I decided that how you do something is more important than what you do, that a committed, compassionate, create deli counter guy can do more good than a surly, doesn't-have-his-act-together radiologist. That said, I have trod upon the lands of the soul-sucking job, and having one's soul siphoned out on a day-to-day basis is not something that happens only from 9-5. The repercussions of an emptied-out soul are pervasive.

I have a big week ahead - Spangles and I (finally) are getting the keys to our new apartment/new life, and on Friday I'm headed down to the beach! for a week! with my rad family!

If that's not something to be happy about I don't know what is.

No comments: